[U-Boot-Users] Redundant environment

Tolunay Orkun listmember at orkun.us
Fri Apr 28 18:32:35 CEST 2006

Dear Wolfgang,

After exchanging emails with some list members, I have the feeling that
there is some interest in a redundant environment implementation that is
synchronized.

If I am allowed to introduce this enhancement, I pledge that existing
implementations would not be effected unless CONFIG_ENV_REDUND_SYNC is
defined and generated code would be virtually identical.

Of course, I will also document both behavior in README properly,
introduce the same functionality in env_flash.c, env_nand.c etc. (i.e.
all mediums that redundant environment is implemented) and fixup
fw_setenv/fw_getenv utility.

Best regards,
Tolunay