[U-Boot-Users] lan91c96 diagnostics - POST

Ram vshrirama at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 16:03:23 CEST 2006

Hi,
  I have a lan91c96 chip which i need to test during u-boot startup.

   i have enabled promiscous mode. am able to recieve packets send by other
machines on my network.
   (All broad cast packets sent by other machines - am able to see)

  if i send a packet with destination addess = broadcast address ; am not
able to recieve the
  packet i have sent. why?.

  i tried the following;
    1) Self Address = Self Ethernet Mac ; Destination = 0xffffffffffff
(broadcast address)
    2) Self Address = Self Ethernet Mac ; Destination = Self Ethernet mac.

I dont know why i am not able to recieve the packets i tranmsit.

 Any advices?.

Regards,
sriram