[U-Boot-Users] non-canonical input mode for standalone app

Edward Jubenville edjubenville at adelphia.net
Sat Aug 19 06:13:47 CEST 2006

Wolfgang,

You wrote:
> It exists, and is used in many places. If it didn't work,  you  would
> not  be  able  to  stop the initial count down. Or the hello_world app
> would not terminate. Or...

I found the problem, and it was on my end, not in u-boot.

The hello_world app and the initial boot countdown both worked on my board,
but I could only press ENTER, not any other key.  Based on your comment, I
realized that I was fighting a connectivity issue, not a u-boot issue.
Although I had originally tested with a direct serial connection, I later
rigged up a serial-to-ethernet converter so that I could work remotely via
telnet.  As it turns out, I had telnet configured wrong.

My apologies.  Sorry for the bother, but thanks for the help.

Ed Jubenville