[U-Boot-Users] Scripting Doubt

Ajay Jain ajay050 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 18:06:13 CEST 2006

Hi,

I have an elementary doubt regarding u-boot scripts. I will explain
this by taking an example. Let the script be
setenv my_script setenv a 5 \; setenv b 5 \;
On the u-boot prompt, I can run this script as "run my_script". Is it
possible to save this script in some way in the uboot image itself, so
that when I download uboot, I have this variable set in the
environment. Basically I am looking for some kind of compile time
support, the way it happens for bootcmd. I went through the
documentation, but it only talked about running scripts by downloading
a text-file after u-boot is up. I am looking for some kind of compile
time support.

Thanks,
Ajay