[U-Boot-Users] Uboot config doubts

Ajay Jain ajay050 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 19:30:03 CEST 2006

Hi,

I have a few questions about u-boot, and would appreciate if any of
you guys can answer them for me.

i) What does CFG_HZ mean? Is it the number of timer interrupts every
second, or is it the 'maximum' number of timer ticks each second.
Basically, I mean for a 10MHz timer, should CFG_HZ be 10,000,000 or
can it be some number like 1000 if we program the timer register to be
10,000.
ii) I am seeing a few configuration files, where 'USE_920T_MMU' is
set. As I understand, uboot does not use mmu. Is this define some kind
of legacy code or do I know something wrong? Does uboot use MMU?
iii) Do we need to define CONFIG_ARM920T if we are using ARM920T, some
config files have done that, in my opinion, it is redundant.

Thanks.
Ajay