[U-Boot-Users] Problem with the ST Microlectronics M29W320B flashand the CFI driver.

Txema Lopez tlopez at aotek.es
Fri Dec 1 09:31:11 CET 2006

Tolunay Orkun wrote:
    Thanks Tolunay.

> You using M29W320DB (bottom boot) chip right?

Yes

> What is the flash configuration that you are using with BDI2000? Can
> you paste that part of BDI config file?

WM32    0x80000004  0x0000FFC0  ;CS0 start = 0xFFC000000
WM32    0x80000008  0x0000FFFF  ;CS0 stop  = 0xFFFFFFFF
WM32    0x80000300  0x00047800  ;BOOT ctrl

> Are you using the CFI driver from top of the tree?

No, I've done the porting for my board with the 1.1.4 version. I'll try
to do the porting to the top of the tree.

> If not can you please use the one from top of tree? Also it would be
> great if you provided "flinfo" command output as well.
>

> What exactly was your command?

mmh 0xffc000aa 0x9800

or

mmb 0xffc000aa 0x98

The output it's the same for both commands,

> This output is looking like for x16 but byte reversed. Is it possible
> that hardware designer reversed the data bus? If not your CS
> programming/logic for the flash might not be correct... Also check
> BYTE pin of your flash parts. For x8 mode it should be pulled low.

But, U-Boot is running properly from this flash. If the hardware was
wrong could be it possible?
We have another board with the same schematics mounted with a spansion
flash and we haven't got any problem. Could be a bug in the mounting
process or is it a different behaviour of the flash accesing the CFI ?

Best regards,