[U-Boot-Users] STD_C and STDC_

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Dec 13 20:31:57 CET 2006

In message <457F6D37.0000CE.20237 at bj163app22.163.com> you wrote:

>    Everyone,I was reading the U-boot of the mpc8260 in recent months. And I was a freshman. Yesterday,When I was reading the U-boot1.1.4\include\malloc.h, I was puzzled by the ln223 and the ln224 (#ifndef _STD_C  #ifdef  _STDC_).

Your lines are too long. Please  make  sure  to  restrict  your  line
length to 70 characters or so.

> I don't understand the differeces between the  "_STD_C" and "_STDC_".Could anyone can help me?

The difference is in the order of the last two  characters.  In  your
first  string,  the  'C' is preceeded by the '_', while in the second
string the 'C' is followed by the '_'.

But I have to admit that I see no relation of this question to actual
U-Boot code, since neither of these strings is used in U-Boot.  Also,
only  one  of  the lines you referred to is a '#ifdef' statement; the
other one is a '#define' instead.

> --Boundary-=_CBfWamzZMGvDFyxcltoAEydEtpOl

And please don't post HTML here.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Boss, n.: According to the Oxford English Dictionary, in  the  Middle
Ages  the  words  "boss"  and "botch" were largely synonymous, except
that boss, in addition to meaning  "a  supervisor  of  workers"  also
meant "an ornamental stud."