[U-Boot-Users] builtin OF tree dtb gone

Joakim Tjernlund joakim.tjernlund at transmode.se
Sat Dec 16 17:32:14 CET 2006

"Other than having to download and burn two things" is a rather big
deal to me. First it adds extra work actually get two images into the board.
Secondly, now you have to reserve a DTB flash partion so you have
somewhere to store it and that is a waste of space.
Then you have to add even more args to the boot command to tell uboot where
to find it.

To me this new OF seems like a nice feature for developing new
stuff, but once you are done and ready to ship it only complicates
things for boards that don't need this new flexibility.

 Jocke