[U-Boot-Users] u-boot kernel parameters

Travis B. Sawyer tsawyer at sandburst.com
Wed Feb 15 15:11:31 CET 2006

Simon Yang wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Now I am working on CIS8201 PHY for RGMII mode, I have modified Reg
> 23(0x17h) from 0000 to 1300, but CIS8201 doesn't work under RGMII
> mode, are there other registers I need to set? Please give me your
> comment. Thanks a lot!

Simon:
If you're using the ocotea, phy reg 0x17 should be written with 0x1000
for rgmii mode, not 0x1300.  0x300 enables clock skewing for boards with
short etch, like the Sandburst Metrobox and Karef boards.  The ocotea
has full length etch and doesn't (or rather should not) use clock skewing.

Das U-Boot current source should 'just work' on the ocotea board.

(I can't verify the current source as I haven't done a git sync since
Stefan merged/fixed the 4xx files, too many time constraints here at
work, so I'm working with an 'older' tree).

-travis