[U-Boot-Users] testing hardware

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Jul 10 10:08:16 CEST 2006

In message <8bf247760607092332x2a59535cj6711590d3c95f3a5 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I understand from you that we can download an image onto some location
> and execute that image.

You can either boot an OS (or some other application),  where  "boot"
means  that the only way back into U-Boot is through a systemn reset;
or you can load and start a "standalone application",  which  returns
to U-Boot after execution.

> can that image (or executable) is using the serial/ethernet? and act

Yes, it can (depending on the exported U-Boot functions). See the docs.

> as a iterative server.

Define "iterative server"!

> and once the end of all commands is sent will the u-boot get the control?.

In case of  a  stndalone  application:  yes  (unless  you  crash  the
system).

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Use C++ to confuse your enemies; use C to produce stable code.