[U-Boot-Users] PPC U-boot Don't Want to Relocated

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jul 12 19:51:32 CEST 2006

In message <20060712160322.56304.qmail at web34504.mail.mud.yahoo.com> you wrote:

>   We have been using U-boot now for about two years.  We are seeing some extremely strange behavior in our product and we are concerned about the code relocation.

You should be concerned  about  your  system  initialization  insted,
especially about the initialization of your system RAM.

>   At this time, we do not want to relocate the code from flash to RAM.  I know that this is a loaded question, what do we need to do to NOT relocate the code?  We just want to execute out of Flash.

You would have no  stack,  no  writable  data  segment,  no  BSS,  no
malloc() area, nothing. Just forgwet it.

Don't close your eyes when you are  facing  a  problem  -  trying  to
ignore it doesn't make it go away. It will bite agin, just later, and
harder.

And now go and fix your memory initialization.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person."