[U-Boot-Users] skipping bad blocks when erasing nand

David Byron dbyron at hheld.com
Fri Jul 14 00:21:50 CEST 2006

> Silently ignoring such errors without even  printing  a  message  and
> setting the return code of the command is not acceptable.

I guess I don't understand what's going on enough then.  Is it really an
error to come across a bad block?  I thought that was part of the deal when
using nand chips.  If, for example, I want to erase a whole chip, then
silently skipping bad blocks seems like the way to go.  I could see keeping
some kind of debug message, but something less severe than KERN_WARNING.
Would that make this acceptable?

Thanks for your help.

-DB