[U-Boot-Users] Clarification on /linuxrc Script.

Raja Chidambaram raja_chidambaram82 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 18 13:52:33 CEST 2006

 Hi all,

 I have a 512mb compact flash formatted with FAT32
filesytem.Requirement is to boot linux from comapct
flash
through System ace controller.I had just follwed the
instrutions given in

http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/RootFileSystemInAReadOnlyFile

I was able to boot the linux  kernel after follwing th
instructions, but kernel hangs with kernel panic such
as

 VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem).
 Freeing unused kernel memory: 104k init
 Failed to execute /linuxrc.  Attempting defaults...
 Kernel panic - not syncing: No init found.  Try
passing init= option to kernel.

i had just set bootargs as
>setenv bootargs 'console=ttyS0,
 115200 root=/dev/ram rw init=/linuxrc rw'
 &
>fatload ace 0 ${ram_addr} linux.img;bootm ${ram_addr}

Is that anything more i need other than the
instructions given.please help me in this.

                                    with regards
                                       raja