[U-Boot-Users] [patch] Added support for Embedded planet ep85xxm board

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jul 18 16:21:23 CEST 2006

Dear Jeff,

in message <1628E43D99629C46988BE46087A3FBB96077DF at ep-01.EmbeddedPlanet.local> you wrote:

> * Adds support for ep85xx boards from Embedded Planet.
>   Board port originally by Xianghua Xiao
>   <X.Xiao at motorola.com>. Merged and submitted by J. Mann,
>   Embedded Planet, July, 11 2006.

I'm sorry, but I have to reject this patch, mostly because  it  comes
in an unacceptable format. Please see the README for patch submission
rules.  Sending  separate  patches  for  each affected source file is
simply not acceptable.

Also,  please  fix  the  following   Coding   Style   issues   before
re-submitting:

* Please keep lists sorted (like board names in MAKEALL)
* Remove trailing white spaces (for example: include/configs/ep85xxm.h)
* Use TAB for indentation instead of spaces (for example: board/ep85xxm/init.S)
* Indent by 8 character positions (TABs) (for example: include/configs/ep85xxm.h)

Also, I consider it a very bad ide to hard-wire MAC and  IP  addreses
in  the  board config file. And pre-defining constants like "unknown"
for hostname, "/nfsroot" for rootpath or "your.uImage"  for  bootfile
is,  well,  let's say not very helpful. If there are no useful common
setttings it is better NOT to set such variables at all.

Finally, I recommend to use "${...}"  variable  syntax  in  all  your
definitions, as this makes it possible to switch command line parsers
without need to change the environment definitions.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"If a computer can't directly address all the RAM you can  use,  it's
just a toy."         - anonymous comp.sys.amiga posting, non-sequitir