[U-Boot-Users] MPC8548 PCIe Support

Steve Williams steve at parsonscroft.plus.com
Wed Jul 19 19:23:23 CEST 2006

Hi

I wonder if anybody has any views as to what work is involved in
supporting the PCIe interface of the (Freescale) MPC85xx's that have
this interface.

 From first look at the data book I wonder if the PCIe interface is in
fact compatible enough with the standard PCI interface to allow the
exiting code to work correctly provided that the address and data
register addresses (the two registers used to initiate a config cycle)
for the PCIe interface are used.

In my case I am porting u-boot to custom MPC8548 hardware that has a
custom, fixed PCIe peripheral on the PCIe bus. I think I can kludge
things for this device if needed but it would be nice to do it properly
and feed the results back to the group.

Any comments/views would be much appreciated.

Regards

Steve Williams