[U-Boot-Users] Duplication caused by tracking system

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Jul 31 12:28:05 CEST 2006

In message <4879B0C6C249214CBE7AB04453F84E4D0711A0 at zch01exm20.fsl.freescale.net> you wrote:
> So when people send email to the tracking system only, the ticket will
> be automatically forwarded to the list?  It's a good approach, but we

That's the idea. Note that the tracking  system  has  not  officially
been  put  into  operation yet. When we do this, there will also be a
web interface which  allows  to  search  for  patches,  to  read  the
history,  or  to  create  new tickets. But of course I cannot prevent
from people using the mail interface already now. Actually this gives
us valuable information to come up  with  a  sane  configuration  for
official mode of operation.

> need educate more people to do so.  And, maybe you can block emails with
> tracking system in to/cc field to the list?

Sorry, but the mailing list interface at SF is pretty stupid.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
COBOL is for morons.                                 -- E.W. Dijkstra