[U-Boot-Users] unable to mount root

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Jun 25 10:33:49 CEST 2006

In message <449DE2FA.00011E.25217 at bj163app46.163.com> you wrote:

>     my uboot is in the nand flash,and i don't know how to mount the root
> file system.
> what's the difference between ramdisk and mtd device?  and if i am going
> to use the mtd device how can i make the root file system ?

All these are very basic questionsch have nothing to do with  U-Boot.
I  recommend  to  read some books about Linux in general and embedded
Linux, like Karim Yaghmour's "Building Embedded Linux Systems" and/or
Craig Hollabaugh's "Embedded Linux: Hardware,  Software,  and  Inter-
facing"; also, the DULG has some useful information, see
http://www.denx.de/wiki/DULG/Manual

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Old programmers never die, they just become managers.