[U-Boot-Users] Newbie Question on rootfs.ext2.gz.uboot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jun 27 10:48:28 CEST 2006

In message <A6B3D2F0FED7564699FFE261012FF2AB03AC62B2 at samson.internal.mediabolic.com> you wrote:

> How do I transform that into a root file system of the form
> rootfs.ext2.gz.uboot so I can load that into flash?
>
> Happy to RTFM if someone can point me to it.  And yes, I confess, I'm a
> newbie to this.  :)

This is indeed a RTFM  job.  Details  can  be  found  in  the  README
(surprise!)   and   in   the  manual  (surprise!),  see  for  example
http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/RootFileSystemDesignAndBuilding

> ------_=_NextPart_001_01C699C0.186E66EB
>
> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN">
> <HTML>

Neve, *NEVER* post HTML on this list!

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Ernest asks Frank how long he has been working for the company.
        "Ever since they threatened to fire me."