[U-Boot-Users] Target hangs during relocate_code() call

Rick Nardone rick.nardone at cyclone.com
Thu Mar 2 17:33:40 CET 2006

Target: SBC8540 - Wind River Systems

Arch: PPC

CPU: MPC85xx

Board: sbc8560

ELDK 4.0

Host: SUSE Linux 9.3 on x86

U-Boot 1.1.4

Problem: I am trying to get a clean build of U-Boot to run on the WRS
SBC8540 board.  I think I have the latest versions of ELDK and U-Boot.
The system executes through board_init_f( ) without any problems, but
never gets into board_init_r( ).  The console output is as follows:

U-Boot 1.1.4 (Mar  2 2006 - 10:27:01)

CPU:   8540, Version: 1.0, (0x80300010)

Core:  E500, Version: 1.0, (0x80200010)

Clock Configuration:

       CPU: 396 MHz, CCB: 132 MHz,

       DDR:  66 MHz, LBC:  66 MHz

L1:    D-cache 32 kB enabled

       I-cache 32 kB enabled

Board: Wind River SBC8540 Board

        CPU: 396 MHz

        CCB: 132 MHz

        DDR: 66 MHz

        LBC: 66 MHz

        CPM: 132 Mhz

L1 D-cache 32KB, L1 I-cache 32KB enabled.

I2C:   ready

DRAM:  512 MB

RN Testing 1

Top of RAM usable for U-Boot at: 20000000

Reserving 163k for U-Boot at: 1ffd0000

Reserving 136k for malloc() at: 1ffae000

Reserving 88 Bytes for Board Info at: 1ffadfa8

Reserving 72 Bytes for Global Data at: 1ffadf60

Stack Pointer at: 1ffadf48

New Stack Pointer is: 1ffadf48

Memcpy

call to relocate_code()

Dest Addr =0x1FFADF48, Src Addr = 0x1FFADF60, size = 536674304 bytes

            I am a U-Boot newbie.  Any diagnostic suggestions are
appreciated.

            Thanks in advance,

            Richard Nardone

            Richard.Nardone at cyclone dot com