[U-Boot-Users] start.S:undefined reference to lowlevel_init

Shakthi Kannan shakthimaan at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 8 07:55:41 CET 2006

Greetings!

Environment details:

Board: LN2410SBC (not supported yet?)
Toolchain: GNU 2.95.3
u-boot: 1.1.4

I have a patch-1.1.1-ln2410sbc for the LN2410SBC board
from littlechips.com. I am trying to port it to
u-boot-1.1.4.

Need some clarifications regarding the following:

1. In the Makefile, I have added:

ln2410sbc_config : unconfig
 @./mkconfig $(@:_config=) arm arm920t ln2410sbc NULL
s3c24x0

What does the NULL field represent?

2. There already exists an entry for LN2410SBC in
include/asm-arm/mach-types.h but no board specific
files.

I have created board/ln2410sbc and transferred the
board specific files from u-boot-1.1.1.

On compilation, I get a linker error at the end:

cpu/arm920t/start.S: 264: undefined reference to
`lowlevel_init'
make: *** [u-boot] Error 1

I checked the ChangeLog and memsetup.S in
board/ln2410sbc in earlier u-boot versions (1.1.1) has
been changed to lowlevel_init.S (from 1.1.3). This
gets compiled inside board/ln2410sbc, but, somehow
cpu/arm920t/start.S doesn't see it?

Any suggestions on how I can make it visible to
start.S?

Thanks,

SK

--
Shakthi Kannan, MS
Software Engineer, Hexaware Technologies