[U-Boot-Users] Problem with the u-boot1.1.3 booting the uclinux from the jffs2 partition

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Mar 16 10:19:24 CET 2006

I understand that this is a JFFS@ partition.

> read-only by the kernel command line parameter) from the directory
> /boot. Everything works fine.
>
> Just for debugging and testing few application, i mount the root as
> read-write and after the uclinux kernel is up, i FTP'ed a big file
> like the kernel or any utilities. I can run the ftp'ed application
> properly and i can do a ftp get from the target and the image matches.
> Everything seems fine until i reboot.
>
> When the system is rebooted, the u-boot when it starts, cannot find
> the new kernel and fails after getting the following error.

Make sure thatt he JFFS2 code in U-Boot and Linux are compatible. One
way to do this is to update to a current version  of  U-Boot.  Please
try the top of tree in the GIT repository.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
You may call me by my name, Wirth, or by my value, Worth.
- Nicklaus Wirth