[U-Boot-Users] bad CRC, using default environment

Burren Niklaus niklaus.burren at bfh.ch
Thu Mar 23 13:41:27 CET 2006

Hello

I have just installed u-boot 1.1.1 on a Phoenix-SBC single board
computer from
Axotec. When u-boot starts up the following warning appears:

*** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment

I can set new environment variables with "setenv". When I want to save
the new
variables with the command "saveenv" the following messages appears in
the shell:

Saving Environment to Flash...
Un-Protected 1 sectors
Erasing Flash...Erasing sector 1 ... ok.
Erased 1 sectors
Writing to Flash... Flash not Erased           <-- Is there something
wrong?
Protected 1 sectors

When I restart the system there is still the bad CRC warning and all
changes in the
environment variables are lost. Has anybody an idea why I can not save
the environment
variables?

Regards Niklaus Burren