[U-Boot-Users] custom loadable command shell

Andrew Wozniak awozniak at mc.com
Tue Mar 28 22:28:21 CEST 2006

Hi,

I've been contemplating how to develop a U-Boot loadable applet which
provides a set of custom commands which augment the standard U-Boot
command set. The general idea is to keep a working version of U-Boot in
Flash without modifying - and then simply installing the new command
applet as it changes.

The applet would include a command parser. If none of my custom commands
are found, a call to the U-Boot parser (via ABI) would be made to handle
U-Boot commands.

This is just a concept phase and I was hoping to get some opinions on
the feasibility and obstacle of this approach.

Thanks for all comments. Andy