[U-Boot-Users] Porting u-boot to a new board

Madhu Saravana Sibi Govindan ssshayagriva at gmail.com
Fri May 19 05:56:09 CEST 2006

Hello All,

I'm trying to port U-boot to a new board which is based on the 440GP
processor. It is expected to be similar to the Ebony board from AMCC.
I'm reading the U-boot source code now. I'd be thankful to the group
if you could tell me which portions of the code need "special"
attention while porting, like the TLB entries, peripherals, PLL
values, the system memory map etc.

Would there be problems if I invoke code for initializing PCI devices,
but didn't have PCI support on the board, for example?

Thanks in advance,
G.Sibi