[U-Boot-Users] SPD EEPROM Addresses on Ebony

Madhu Saravana Sibi Govindan ssshayagriva at gmail.com
Mon May 22 00:49:28 CEST 2006

Hello,

The u-boot/include/configs/ebony.h file has the following #defines (line 136):

#define CONFIG_SPD_EEPROM               /* Use SPD EEPROM for setup     */
#define SPD_EEPROM_ADDRESS {0x53,0x52}  /* SPD i2c spd addresses        */

The PPC440GP evaluation board user's manual says on Page 63 (also on
Page 46) that the SPD EEPROM addresses are 0xA6, 0xA7 (for DIMM0) and
0xA4, 0xA5 (for DIMM1).

Why is there a difference between these addresses?  Am I even looking
at the right addresses or am I totally missing something?

Thanks,
G.Sibi