[U-Boot-Users] Hush shell and simple calculations

Tolunay Orkun betatester at orkun.us
Tue May 23 18:00:08 CEST 2006

Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> In message <44725285.1030006 at tait.co.nz> you wrote:
>> I've solved this with a new command 'eval' which is used to set a
>
> I think that's a typo. An 'eval' command that does not behave exactly
> as the standard shell 'eval' should have been named 'evil' ;-)

Maybe 'eval' is not the best name but lacking back tick capability it
seems to me that you need to pass the name of (local?) environment
variable to receive such assignment.

Perhaps we can add such functionality as another command (propose: iexpr)

I think I would really use this right now.

Best regards,
Tolunay