[U-Boot-Users] implementation of lowboot for pq2fads-zu board

Ben Warren bwarren at qstreams.com
Fri Nov 3 15:05:20 CET 2006

Nethra,

On Fri, 2006-11-03 at 04:03 -0800, Nethra wrote:

> kindly suggest the changes to be done.
>

> 2. if i want do changes in u-boot-1.1.1for custom board what are all the
> changes to be done.
>
> thanks
> Nethra

Here are the initial steps.  Once you've completed them, feel free to
post follow-on questions:

1.	The U-boot code that you have is old.  Please get the latest,
nominally version 1.1.6, which is available at
git://www.denx.de/git/u-boot.git

You'll need to install and learn the 'git' source code control
application.  I'd explain how, but you'll learn much more if you figure
it out for yourself.  Google will help you here.  OK, here's one link:
http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/everyday.html#Individual
%20Developer%20(Participant)

2.	Read the excellent documentation at
http://www.denx.de/wiki/DULG/Manual

3.	Read the README that accompanies the U-boot code.  There is a section
on code porting that will be useful.  There is also lots of
documentation in the /doc directory, some of which may be helpful to
you.

4.	Read and understand the source code for the 'pq2fads' board that your
custom board is based on.

regards,
Ben