[U-Boot-Users] ethernet on FCC

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Nov 8 21:13:50 CET 2006

In message <f9a7e7a80611080907tb85267cr136d624bcb7daa91 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> Another thing, I loaded the uImage into memory using JTAG, but the
> "bootm" command failed when it tries to uncompressing the kernel,
> error message is "inflate() returned -3". I am running u-boot in ram

Check your memopry map. You might have loaded the kernel (and/or
U-Boot) to a too low address.

> directly , not from the flash, I have found some posts which saids if
> u-boot is running from RAM, it can't uncompressing the kernel, but
> without any explaination on why.

No, this is wrong. If you manage to get U-Boot starting from RAM, and
it is working correctly, then  it  can  boot  and  uncompress  kernel
images, too.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The important thing about being a leader is not being right or wrong,
but being *certain*.                    - Terry Pratchett, _Truckers_