[U-Boot-Users] MC68360 port

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Sun Nov 26 11:15:26 CET 2006

Hi Tolunay,

On Sunday 26 November 2006 07:19, Tolunay Orkun wrote:
> >> Unfortunately, we are use very old AMD flash chips - AM29F800BT. They
> >> are not CFI compliant.
> >
> > Autsch. OK, that's a different story then.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Stefan
>
> Most of cfi_flash is probably usable for a non-cfi flash part.

Yes, I though about this option too.

> The cfi detection etc. will not work but perhaps if we preset the
> interface settings from board configuration and do a jedec probe and
> setup some of the timing based on jedec probe we might be able to use
> the cfi flash driver for non-cfi flash as well. This should eliminate
> more custom board drivers. Someone else also was asking if cfi flash
> driver is able to handle a cfi flash and non-cfi flash at the same time.
> Perhaps we can handle that as well.

Good idea.

> This week, I might be able to come up with such an extension patch. I do
> not have such an environment to test but with someone taking some time
> doing testing and providing feedback, I can manage to do this.

This patch would be very welcome. I have to admit, that my time is very
limited in the next few weeks. So hopefully someone else has a board and the
time to do the testing. Any volunteers? Perhaps Ilya with the AM29F800BT for
a start?

Best regards,
Stefan