[U-Boot-Users] U-boot-1.1.4 on MPC8540

Tolunay Orkun listmember at orkun.us
Mon Nov 27 18:40:50 CET 2006

revathy wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I'm booting a newly compiled u-boot-1.1.4 image on my MPC8540,
> and it doesn't work. when i debugged i found in lib_ppc/board.c
>
> 	for (cmdtp = &__u_boot_cmd_start; cmdtp !=  &__u_boot_cmd_end; cmdtp++)
>
> &__u_boot_cmd_start=0fff3750
>
> &__u_boot_cmd_end =0fff43b8
>  and cmdtp is encremanted as  0x18 each
> times..but it is not matching with u_boot_cmd_end so loop goes on until
> ffffffff and hangs..
> what could be the problem..
> can anyone plz help me to proceed..
> Thanks
> Revathy

I think your loader script (.lds) is not up to date to work with your
toolchain (ld version 2.16 or later). See the following commit.

http://www.denx.de/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=u-boot.git;a=commit;h=807d5d7319330e336ab34a5623c5e0d73b87d540

I had similar issue when I updated the toolchain and tried to compile
1.3 based board lds script. Obviously working with latest U-Boot does
not help if your board was not in public git repository when this patch
got in.

Tolunay