[U-Boot-Users] Please pull u-boot-83xx.git (I2C rework)

Timur Tabi timur at freescale.com
Tue Nov 28 20:56:13 CET 2006

Pantelis Antoniou wrote:

> In the same note, definitely, definitely there are designs with multiple
> I2C buses. Just because something does not exist on an evaluation board,
> it doesn't mean it's not used in the real world.

The new fsl_i2c.c supports multiple HW I2C buses.  Well, it supports only 2
buses, but I have plans to fix that.

> So please make sure that both HW I2C & SW I2C can coexist.

I'm going to need some help with that.  All I'm hearing so far are comments that
the two should work together.  I don't see how any of the I2C changes I made
affect soft I2C.  On top of that, I've never used soft I2C, so I don't even know
how it's supposed to work.

--
Timur Tabi
Linux Kernel Developer @ Freescale