[U-Boot-Users] debug u-boot using bdi2000

Ben Warren bwarren at qstreams.com
Fri Oct 13 20:05:09 CEST 2006

On Fri, 2006-10-13 at 17:41 +0000, Reeve Yang wrote:
> I'm trying to use bdi2000+gdb to debug u-boot. The image is ROM image
> on flash, whenever I connect gdb to bdi, I saw execution stops at:
>
> _start: /* time t 0 */
>     li    r21, BOOTFLAG_COLD  /* Normal Power-On: Boot from FLASH*/
> ===>here
>     nop
>     b    boot_cold
>
> Then though I can set break point, e.g. cpu_init_f, but when continue
> running break point never stops execution and u-boot just runs by
> itself.
>
> Does it mean I can only debug ram image? does anyone has experience on
> this could shed some lights?
>
> Thanks.
>
> - Reeve
Remember to use hardware breakpoints, and that your CPU (you didn't
mention what type) may only have one.  You'll have to clear it after
reaching each breakpoint.  Read the BREAKMODE and STEPMODE entries
(TARGET chapter) in your BDI manual.  Also, can you single step through
the ROM code?

regards,
Ben