[U-Boot-Users] "Partitioning" EEPROM

Stadin, Benjamin Benjamin.Stadin at akad.med.uni-giessen.de
Sun Oct 29 14:16:15 CET 2006

Hi list ;-),

I have an 24c64 EEPROM wired via i2c on an embedded device. I want to
"partition" the EEPROM so that I have one node /dev/EEPROM/0 for system
and environment stuff, and another entry /dev/EEPROM/1 for custom data
for the application.
I thought to write a driver for the second device and limit the bounds
of the first one. But I guess that would be bad practice when
concurrent access to the EEPROM happens.
The other thing I think of is to have the EEPROM as MTD device(s). Would
this be viable (I mean if it doesn't involve too much code changes)?

What would be a good way to achieve this?

Ben