[U-Boot-Users] ethernet over usb

Rodolfo Giometti giometti at linux.it
Tue Sep 12 15:20:58 CEST 2006

On Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 02:31:56PM +0100, Bryan O'Donoghue wrote:

> If you look in Das U-Boot USB git tree you will see an implementation of
> Linux-Gserial and CDC ACM. Somebody from TI did the original
> implementation of g_serial and I added in CDC ACM.

Great! But let me understand, you added CDC into g_serial or what? I'm
a bit confused... Did you transfer the file through something similar
to a serial line or similar to an ethernet?

> I've actually transferred u-boot.bin over such a link via USB as part of
> my testing for usbdcore_mpc8xx, so if the transfer of files is what you
> are after perhaps just implementing usbdcore_au1100 yourself and using
> the higher layer usbtty.c would suffice, for your purposes.

As first step this is my target. However I need RNDIS also. Do you
think adding it could be "easy" at this point of developing?

> Alternatively you may really need to implement Ethernet over the USB.
> [snip]

I see. But for the moment it's sufficient to me just transferring
files. :)

Thanks a lot for your message,

Rodolfo

GNU/Linux Solutions                  e-mail:    giometti at enneenne.com
Linux Device Driver                             giometti at gnudd.com
Embedded Systems                     		giometti at linux.it
UNIX programming                     phone:     +39 349 2432127