[U-Boot-Users] ethernet over usb

Rodolfo Giometti giometti at linux.it
Tue Sep 12 18:25:52 CEST 2006

On Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 06:17:52PM +0200, Wolfgang Denk wrote:

> To be honest: I think you make a fundamental mistake - U-Boot is  not
> an  general  purpose  OS,  it is a boot loader. For requirements like
> yours it is usually *much*  easier  and  faster  (both  in  terms  of
> development  and  reachable  performance)  to boot a small, dedicated
> Linux kernelk and use a real OS.

But during developing stages I have no kernel to use so I have to load
it from my host system using the bootloader.

Currently, developing stages are: compile the kernel, transfer it to
the target machine through the ethernet device and then try the boot,
but on my current board I have no ethernet at all, just the USBdev and
I'd like to have a way to transfer my developing kernel through USB
line.

Ciao,

Rodolfo

GNU/Linux Solutions                  e-mail:    giometti at enneenne.com
Linux Device Driver                             giometti at gnudd.com
Embedded Systems                     		giometti at linux.it
UNIX programming                     phone:     +39 349 2432127