[U-Boot-Users] Codesourcery Coldfire Compiler.

John.Jeffers at bjservices.com John.Jeffers at bjservices.com
Thu Sep 14 23:38:50 CEST 2006

Dear Wolfgang and fellow Coldfire sufferers.

Well I made "uClibc 13 Sept 06 buildroot snapshot".

The patch file is no longer necessary as an (elf) option may be filled in
now in the Tools menu.

The .config file you provided is a fine eyeball parsable guide Thanks!  It
will no longer function in "make menuconfig" but it was a great cribsheet.

Code sorcery compiler which resides at /opt/Coldfire/bin appears
unimpacted I cannot find a -m5307 library other than the one I originally
installed.  I told menuconfig the desired toplevel directory was
/opt/Coldfire.
It would seem that I do not know.  (And I have had considerable experience
with uClinux builds two years ago, but that's a million years in
linux....)

1) If the Tools were to be at /opt/Coldfire why Coldfire tools are no
where to be found even below home/jjeffers/../buildroot/... except in
their original placing at /opt/Coldfire/Bin etc.  Previously the uClib
hung out in a lib below the tools.( I will verify this on my RH7 machine
that I did these builds on.)
2) For U-Boot why I should be using uClib?  Why not the code sourcery elf
compiler?
3) If I need uClibc for uClinux should I not then switch to the pre built
code sourcery compiler with uClibc built in.

It seems I missed the tools location guide somewhere....yes I will go read
more source.  In particular the Nintendo DS source because that is recent.

For the masses flex and bison have to be on your development machine for
"make menuconfig" to work.  The pains of having to change machines with
companies.....

Cheers John