[U-Boot-Users] Where to put semi-common files?

Ben Warren bwarren at qstreams.com
Tue Apr 3 21:47:37 CEST 2007

Stefan/Jon,

On Tue, 2007-04-03 at 21:29 +0200, Stefan Roese wrote:
> I would suggest to start moving your Freescale boards ports into a freescale
> directly:
>
> board/freescale/mpc8349itx/
> 	       /mpc832xemds/
>
> Then you could add a common freescale directory, as done already for "esd"
> or "prodrive":
>
> board/esd/common/
>
> If you take a look at this directory you will notice here some common FPGA
> code (and others stuff too). This is not CPU specific and not a generic
> driver, so it shouldn't be moved to the cpu/xxx or drivers/xxx directories.

This seems like the right approach.  This is definitely a 'board' thing,
not a 'driver' or 'cpu' thing.  The important thing to remember is that
the Freescale evaluation board ports are used as starting points for
many other designs that won't have this particular FPGA, so we need to
make it obvious that it's particular to the board.  Good initiative on
Jon's part in removing duplication.

regards,
Ben