[U-Boot-Users] 85xx from git repo question

Martin Krause Martin.Krause at tqs.de
Tue Aug 7 10:24:00 CEST 2007

Hi Robert,

u-boot-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net wrote on :
> I asked about PCI Express for 85xx on the list recently and was
> informed "You do not need to specify TLB/LAW for PCI-X. it uses the
> same memory map as PCI1."

In your first Email you used the term PCI-X in your questions. Only the
Subject mentioned PCI Express (PCIe). There is a big difference between
PCI-X and PCIe! Maybe this is the reason for the confusion?

I think, Zang Roy referred to PCI-X (as stated) and not PCIe in his
answer you quoted above.

> What is the PEX TLB entry for? The mpc8548cds docs in the git repo
> haven't been updated yet.

As far as I know, PCIe needs an own memory range - at least if it
should be used in parallel with "normal" PCI.

Best Regards,

Martin Krause

--
TQ-Systems GmbH
Muehlstrasse 2, Gut Delling, D-82229 Seefeld