[U-Boot-Users] Using 'ver' env var

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Aug 14 02:11:10 CEST 2007

In message <5CBE65F7D9232C47861CB09B0954861C66A961 at MAIL.infinitychannel.local> you wrote:

>   I was thinking this already..  I just thought that I was missing
> something which is why I asked the questions.  I'll send a patch to
> the group for review later.

Don't bother to do that. I will not accept patches that automatically
save the environment. U-Boot shall only act  on  user's  request  and
never to any magical things behind my back.

If you want this function,  it  can  be  implemented  using  U-Boot's
scripting capabilities, so there is no need for a patch.

Thanks.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations.
                        - Sir Winston Churchill _My Early Life_ ch. 9