[U-Boot-Users] Protect an area in RAM

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Aug 24 18:03:46 CEST 2007

In message <DC6F86A94046A64094043D44A3A708F7A1507F at sestoex02.enea.se> you wrote:

> It seems like this feature already exists in some way, I misinterpreted
> this yesterday when I looked at the readme and source. Is it like this?
> If I have a compilation of u-boot that does not define CONFIG_PRAM, is
> still possible to add the environment parameter 'pram' to add protection
> of the upper X KB?

No. If you don't enable the feature in the configuration, you cannot
use it.

Please don't top post / full quote.

Please read http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
All these theories, diverse as they are, have two things  in  common:
they explain the observed facts, and they are completeley and utterly
wrong.                       - Terry Pratchett, _The Light Fantastic_