[U-Boot-Users] PS1 environment variable

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Aug 28 00:29:05 CEST 2007

In message <46D34AF4.3030808 at freescale.com> you wrote:

> > If you had a look at the code, you should notice  that  all  relevant
> > parts  of  the  code  are  between  "#ifndef __U_BOOT__" ... "#endif"
> > pairs.
> >
> > In other words, this is not available in U-Boot.
>
> Why is there U-Boot code that is not available in U-Boot?

It's not U-Bot code, it's hush code. We "imported" the hus shell from
BusyBox, and to keep it in sync with any changes or improvements done
in BusyBox' version it is a Good Idea (TM) to change the file only to
the minimum extend needed to make it work.

> (and for the record, I did look at the code and I did notice that, and I found
> that #ifdef so odd I figured I'd better ask).

It's not odd at all. Actually it's even kind of documented as item  2
of   the  Coding  Style  document:  "Source  files  originating  from
different projects (for example the MTD subsystem or the  hush  shell
code  from  the BusyBox project) may, after careful consideration, be
exempted from these rules. For such files, the original coding  style
may  be  kept to ease subsequent migration to newer versions of those
sources."

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Everyting looks interesting until you do it. Then you find it's  just
another job.                     - Terry Pratchett, _Moving Pictures_