[U-Boot-Users] newbies to u-boot

Craig Day cday at phytec.com
Fri Aug 31 17:28:33 CEST 2007

Hi Bhagwat,

This is the basic U-Boot porting process. Start with a reference board if
you can, copy files, make adjustments, attempt to compile, and then resolve
errors.

Part of the DRAM setup involves defining bank sizes. You need to declare
PHYS_SDRAM_1 and PHYS_SDRAM_1_SIZE in your include/config/moschip.h header
file. PHYS_SDRAM_1 should be the address of your SDRAM, and
PHYS_SDRAM_1_SIZE should be the size.

You will most likely encounter many different errors as you port U-Boot to
your board. Examine the error, look at the source, determine what's wrong,
and look at other working boards/configurations to figure out what you need
to do when required. If all else fails, post an e-mail here!

cheers,
Craig