[U-Boot-Users] Uboot and ML410

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Dec 7 01:55:28 CET 2007

Dear John,

in message <000d01c83845$d98fd4c0$8caf7e40$@com> you wrote:

> > > We are also using 3.81 make (Centos 5 distro) with ELDK 4.1 version
> > > downloaded from www.denx.de and have had no problems using the
> > > u-boot.zip srcs from www.xilinx.com/ml410_p, though we use uboot for

Well, I have to admit that I don't know Xilinx's U-Boot code, This
list is intended for suppoort of the publicly available ("official")
source tree only.

> The targets in examples are example programs for uboot to load/exec and is
> not part of u-boot. You can avoid building in examples.

Of cours ethe examples are a part of the U-Boot distribution.

> But the build problem appears to be due to examples/Makefile syntax. Try:
>
> -BIN    = hello_world hello_world.bin
> +BIN    = hello_world.bin hello_world
>
> ... similar corrections for the other targets, and finally
>
> -all:   .depend $(OBJS) $(LIB) $(BIN) $(SREC)
> +all:   .depend $(OBJS) $(LIB) $(SREC) $(BIN)

This is not a correction. It is not even a work around. No part in  a
Makefile  should  in any way depend on the order in which targets are
listed.

My feeling is that you are hunting a dead rat, i. e. a bug that has
been fixed in the public U-Boot tree a long, long time ago.

Please try using a current version of U-Bot (1.3.1).

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Never give in.  Never give in.  Never. Never. Never."
- Winston Churchill