[U-Boot-Users] Can U-boot Autodetect arch/ppcversusarch/powerpc from info in the uImage?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Dec 7 12:11:04 CET 2007

In message <00b401c8389e$37636c30$02ac10ac at Jocke> you wrote:

> > Um... and which of these cannot be done without your patch?
>
> The kicker part, override the tree at runtime. It is
> also a bit easier do the above my way than messing with
> a env variable.

I'm afraid I fail to understand what you mean. Where is the problem
of passing different addresses to the bootm command?

And why do you think that using an environment variable is in any way
messy? That's what they are made for...

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Death. Destruction. Disease. Horror. That's what war  is  all  about.
That's what makes it a thing to be avoided.
	-- Kirk, "A Taste of Armageddon", stardate 3193.0