[U-Boot-Users] 83xx, FSL_UEC reducing boot latency, printf causing crash

Russell McGuire rmcguire at videopresence.com
Fri Dec 21 12:02:48 CET 2007

Update,

So by following the back trace after reset I was able to remove all
references to functions like, printf, putc, puts, etc... From within any
function that was executing from FLASH, all of the Bad trap errors have been
removed.

Is there a chance I have the wrong values setup for my internal memory
controller, that might be cuasing this?

I am guessing maybe other people who use Freescale boards don't see this
problem because their memory ranges are wrapping around, i.e. their flash is
at 0xFE000000 and when they wrap memory, they are still accessing RAM.

However, I can't map my flash to this address, since I need expansion room
for massive quantities.

So how can we fix this execution from flash issue?

-Russ