[U-Boot-Users] Starting a patch for TI Davinci support

Philip Balister philip at balister.org
Thu Jul 5 16:27:38 CEST 2007

Peter Pearse wrote:
> Philip
>
> 	Have you checked the previous DaVinci patches
> - see http://blog.gmane.org/gmane.comp.boot-loaders.u-boot

Sorry for the delay replying, I have been on vacation.

I have looked at the one one from koi8. While I there is a lot of good
content there, I have trouble with the configuration method. Basically,
he supports three boards by #fidef'ing based on a #define of a board
type. The ifdef'ing logic gets fairly involved and I am concerned this
method will not scale to a large number of different boards based on the
Davinci processor.

I guess the first issue we need to resolve for Davinci support is what
it the proper way to support a collection of boards that use the same
underlying hardware, but have different memory architectures (ie NAND
versus NOR), different PHY interfacesm but also have some shared code
also. The ARM processor in the Davinci is an ARM926ejs, which is also
shared by some of the OMAP line also.

Philip