[U-Boot-Users] CONFIG_MEM_INIT_VALUE == 0xDeadBeef

robert lazarski robertlazarski at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 19:22:50 CEST 2007

Hi all, is this an english language pun ?

#define CONFIG_MEM_INIT_VALUE            0xDeadBeef

I see that the #DEFINE is used in SPD:

cpu/mpc85xx/spd_sdram.c:      ddr->sdram_data_init = CONFIG_MEM_INIT_VALUE;

I'm porting my board which has the mpc8548e and the same exact DDR2
that the CDS reference board has. I'm using SPD in my code. The CDS
board has DeadBeef assigned to  CONFIG_MEM_INIT_VALUE. I don't have a
CDS board to test. My board will arrive in a few weeks - I'm trying to
prepare the best I can. Should I leave CONFIG_MEM_INIT_VALUE as is or
will this make my board DeadBeef ?

Thanks,
Robert