[U-Boot-Users] AVR32 git tree merge?

Håvard Skinnemoen hskinnemoen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 22:40:19 CEST 2007

On 6/11/07, Robin Gilks <robin.gilks at tait.co.nz> wrote:
> Is the AVR32 tree likely to be merged into the main tree any time soon?
> or should I just sync to the branch in the mean time.

Most of it _is_ merged, but the ngw100 board support code is one
notable exception. I would like to get rid of the flash driver first
and switch to the cfi driver since it's currently duplicated in
boards/atmel/atstk1000/flash.c and boards/atmel/atngw100/flash.c, but
I haven't had the time to get to the bottom of all the issues that
prevents me from doing this.

In the mean time, I suggest you clone the official u-boot tree and
pull the ngw-board branch from the avr32 custodian tree into it. It
should be pretty self-contained so there shouldn't be any conflicts,
but if you notice any build or other breakage, please notify me.
Cc'ing hskinnemoen at atmel.com might give you a quicker response.

To pull the ngw-board branch into your working tree (which should
preferably contain an up-to-date copy of Wolfgang's master tree):

git checkout -b my-ngw-stuff     # create new branch and switch to it
git pull git://www.denx.de/git/u-boot-avr32.git ngw-board

To clone the avr32 tree and use the ngw-board branch directly:

git clone git://www.denx.de/git/u-boot-avr32.git u-boot-avr32
cd u-boot-avr32
git checkout ngw-board

After you follow one of those procedures, the working copy should be
ready to run make atngw100_config && make.

I'm sorry I haven't done a lot of work on the avr32 port lately, but
I'm a bit bogged down with other tasks and I haven't received any
reports that it doesn't actually work (there has been a lot more
trouble with our own 1.1.4 "fork", which we will get rid of as soon as
possible.)

Haavard