[U-Boot-Users] Blank console with IXDP425 in U-boot-1.1.6

Queenie queenie245 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 07:25:52 CEST 2007

Hi Stefan,

I checked the SDRAM setting and the SDRAM controller options of IXP425,
the SDRAM Iam using is Winbond W981216DH-75, Iam using two such SDRAM's
connected to CS0 having D0-D15 and D16-D31 datalines respectively. Hence Iam
using total size of 32MB SDRAM (2 SDRAM's of 128Mbit --> 8Mx16)
The SDRAM Iam using is have CL3 (CAS latency 3)

accordingly I have changed by SDRAM Seetings as below

/*
 * SDRAM settings
 */
#define CFG_SDR_CONFIG		0x8
#define CFG_SDR_MODE_CONFIG	0x1

How can i calcualte the CFG_SDRAM_REFRESH_CNT and the CFG_EXP_CS0?
In U-boot, the values given r as below?
#define CFG_SDRAM_REFRESH_CNT 	0x81a
#define CFG_EXP_CS0		0xbcd23c42

How can i find it for my target board?

I tried with the above setting but i still could not get my console to be
working :(
Few questions--
1> Why is the CFG_HZ as 3333333 ? Is this for the Bus for UART? I read its
66MHz
2> What us CONFIG_KGDB_SER_INDEX? Its now set to 2, is it connected to my
serial console port?

--
Queenie