[U-Boot-Users] bootm shows Kernel info but reset

Ingo Swieter ingo.swieter at brunel.de
Mon Jun 18 13:02:57 CEST 2007

Hi Wolfgang,

sorry for posting a HTML Mail.

I have read the FAQ but didn't find my problem solved there.
The Link which you gave me do not solve my problem neither,
because there is no problem with uncompressing Linux, i guess.
As you can see here, my output looks like that:

# bootm fd000000
## Booting image at fd000000 ...
    Image Name:   Linux-2.4.25
    Image Type:   PowerPC Linux Kernel Image (gzip compressed)
    Data Size:    677865 Bytes = 662 kB
    Load Address: 00000000
    Entry Point:  00000000
    Verifying Checksum ... OK
    Uncompressing Kernel Image ... OK
## cmdline at 0x007FFF00 ... 0x007FFF85

I have tried both, booting from flash and ram with the same
result.
I also tried to load an zImage directly with the go command,
but that gives me just junk on the serial console.

I am realy sure, that the linux image can start, because a
zImage works with the old bootload 'planet core'.

But i have no clue what to check for differences in the
registers, which can help me to find the problem.

Best regards,
Ingo